Laura Kleppe: A little bit about me.
My love of gardening started as a child, growing roses, raspberries, and tomatoes with my dad in our back yard. My passion grew as I studied abroad in Florence and had many opportunities to appreciate the casual, hillside, and formal gardens of Europe. After working for 20 years in the corporate world and volunteering as a Master Gardener, I decided to return to my passion and earned a Design Build degree from South Seattle Community College. For the last 18 years, I have honed my craft and identified the best contractors who will bring skill, creativity, and reliability to your project.
I believe in the power of a positive attitude and the peace of watching well-designed and properly installed gardens unfold over time. I passionately educate my clients about their investment and proud that I enjoy social relationships with many of them (clients).
- Associates Degree in Design Build from South Seattle Community College
- Certified Professional Horticulturalist, CPH through Washington State Nursery and Landscape Association (WSNLA)
- 12-year member of Association Of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD)
- WSU/King County Master Gardener
- BA in Business Administration from Gonzaga University, including a year of study in Florence, Italy.
Experience & skills
- 18 years of design throughout Seattle and the Eastside
- Projects ranging from small landscape improvements to large estate landscape renovations
- Excellent client-oriented service skills developed through previous career with Nordstrom
- Strong, vetted network of landscape contractors and specialty service providers
Community involvement, awards, and recognition
Awarded the King County designation of “Earth Hero” for wetlands work at Emily Dickinson Elementary school in Redmond.
Served on the advisory board of the Washington Technical college’s Horticulture program
National Wildlife Federation Eco Schools
Lake Washington Institute of Technology- Horticultural science program 3 years
Featured Case Study October, 2011